This was a simple stir-fry dish that allowed me to empty whatever I had in my fridge. Coincidentally, I bought a huge bottle of Thai sweet chilli sauce at the supermarket a while back as it was on sale. Now, I could put it to good use!
I followed the recipe from Noobcook.
This Asian dish fits my Seigaihai (Japanese wave) kitchenware to a tee!
- Prawns – with shell and vein removed
- Sliced carrot
- Corn flour
For the sweet chilli sauce
- 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- Marinate the prawn in corn flour and a few pinches of salt.
- Boil the broccoli and carrot in a pot of salted water.
- Heat oil in wok. Stir fry garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add broccoli and carrot, stir-fry for about a minute. Set the vegetables aside in the pan to let it simmer.
- Add prawns into the pan to stir fry.
- Next, add the sweet chilli sauce mix and stir fry all the ingredients till they are in the sauce and the prawns are cooked.
- Add black pepper to taste and garnish with finely chopped coriander.
- Apparently, to make the shrimps crunchy, you could massage them in water mixed with a tbsp of baking soda. Then, set aside for 30 minutes. <Source>